Rotary Senior Living is a dedicated organization that thrives to provide the extraordinary care that we have been providing for the last 50 years to your loved ones and our friends.
Rotary Senior Living’s vision is to be a leading care provider that utilizes our resources and dedicates our time to providing a full campus of care to our residents in all aspects of life.
On February 9, 1959, Rotarian Robert Blue, former Governor of Iowa, presented a program to the Eagle Grove Rotary Club on care of the aged. He pointed out that Iowa had the largest percentage of citizens over 65 years of age in the nation at that time. He also shared how modern medical technology had increased the individual life expectancy approximately 20 years during the past half-century (1900-1950).
At the conclusion of his speech, Mr. Blue proposed that a committee be appointed to study the feasibility of building a retirement home in Eagle Grove. The committee was composed of Dr. Dale Harding, Robert Blue, Frank Saquety, Roy Larson, Grigg Elkin, Dr. Martin Schaeferle, Dr. George Hogenson, Dr. Einar Johnson, M. B. Crabbe, Ronald Diggins and R. C. Allbaugh.
When the Rotary Home opened on June 1, 1962, with 42 rooms, it had eight residents. This was a new concept in eldercare. Acceptance was slow with cash flow problems. Half the building was an infirmary, the other half a retirement home and apartments.
In 1968, the South Day Room was added and two years later, the North Day Room. In 1982, a private donation allowed the addition of the chapel. Over the span of eight years, 32 low-income units were built. The Group Home opened in June 1981 with 12 residents. The duplex townhouses were constructed in 1999. Each home featured two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a two-car garage.
The Board of Directors received word a year later that it was one of 13 facilities across the country to receive a grant of $750,000 for renovation of its original building and converting it to Assisted Living.