Do you like variety in your job? Do you get bored doing the same thing repeatedly? If so, the Universal Worker position could be the job for you!
The Universal Worker provides companionship, personal care, light housekeeping services, and supervision to tenants in the Memory Care Unit, in a manner conducive to their safety, comfort, and security while maintaining the greatest degree of independence possible. You will assist residents and staff in a variety of areas and locations through out the facility.
Requirements: Read, write, and speak fluent English Report for each shift on time Submit to Background and Drug Screenings Professional and calm during stressful situations
- Provide all care per tenant’s service plan.
- Perform all tasks as assigned through nurse delegation with DON.
- Help to serve appropriate snacks and meals as trained by the Food and Nutrition Services Director.
- Facilitate mealtime conversations and maintains a warm, pleasant atmosphere while tenants are eating.
- Assist with kitchen-related activities for the tenants.
- Administer as needed medication under the supervision of the nurse.
- Respond to call lights as needed.
- Chart appropriate information in the electronic Pont Click of Cares, POC.
- Maintain clean spaces in the household, including tenant rooms and household common spaces, as well as support spaces and equipment.
- Maintain supply of all materials to meet tenant needs in the assisted living household.
- Provide assistance to ensure tenant’s personal laundry is maintained in quality
- Coordinate work with the assisted living team members to ensure the personal laundry needs of the tenants are met within the staffing resources of the assisted living household.
- Attend all in-service education programs mandated by federal, state, and Rotary Senior living guidelines.
- All other duties as assigned by the supervisor.